Members of the English Cocker Club of Canada agree to abide by the Constitution and Bylaws of the Club. Among these are the provisions to protect and advance the interest of the English Cocker Spaniel.
To further the objectives of the Club and our breed the members agree to the following principles of integrity:
- To comply with all CKC rules and regulations.
- To maintain a high standard of health, care and cleanliness for our dogs.
- To act in a sportsmanlike manner and not deliberately degrade other exhibitors/breeders or their dogs.
- To make every effort to learn about the structure, anatomy, behavior and other inheritable traits of the English Cocker Spaniel and to strive to adhere to the breed standard and produce sound, healthy dogs of good temperament.
- To use and give service only to registered stock that is believed to be free of serious abnormalities that are believed to be inheritable.
- To provide a written agreement for each sale or service, which includes all special conditions, related to that sale.
- To provide each purchaser with accurate records regarding health and pedigree for the English Cocker being purchased.
- To truthfully and accurately represent the English Cocker being sold in terms of quality and health.
- To refuse to sell to commercial wholesalers, retailers or research laboratories.
- To support my Club to the best of my ability and to treat everyone with dignity and respect.
- To agree to support the spaying or neutering of all pet stock.